05 Jun 2017
the monsoons fast approaching its time to let loose of all the stress and soak
up the fun of the rains.
The monsoons which
usually last from June till September is the perfect time to enjoy the natural
beauty of any place.
Here are the top 10 places
you can visit to make the monsoons a memorable affair.
2. Gangtok: The second smallest state of India is with the least population and home to the world’s third-highest peak, the Kangchenjunga. The main tourist destination for its Enchey Monastery,Tsomgo Lake,Ridge and Nathula Pass
3. Darjeeling: Also known as The Queen of Hills, it is popular for its tea industry along with a popular tourist destination. Darjeeling, is situated at the foothills of the great Himalayas. Darjeeling-Rangeet Valley Passenger Cable Car is one of the major attraction, other main attractions are Darjeeling monastery, adventure sports like river rafting and mountain treks.
4. Andaman Nicobar: The Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands are a large group of nearly 570 islands located at southern part of the Bay of Bengal in the Indian Ocean. Andaman and Nicobar Islands is one of the best monsoon and Eco-friendly tourist’s destination in India.
5. Kodaikanal: The popular hill station is situated among the Palani Hills of Western Ghats. Kodaikanal means The Gift of the Forest. During the rainy season Kodaikanal becomes more beautiful, Its gorgeous natural scenery and cascade falls make it one of the best hill station to visit. One of the main attractions for the visitors is the Kodai lake, the manmade lake is surrounded by lush green trees and rocks.
7. Coorg: one of the favorite travel destinations in Karnataka, especially during the monsoon. The amazing and pleasant hill station in Karnataka covers 4100 square kilometers of land in the Western Ghats.
8. Shillong: Receives heaviest rainfall during the monsoon season and the rains usually lasts longer than rest of India. Cherrapunji and Mawsynram located at 16km to each other are the two wettest places on Earth with an annual rainfall of 11872 millimeters.
10. Lonavala: Well
known for its greenery during the monsoon with astonishing waterfalls and ponds